1. Today’s Google logo is hilarious. Check out the gallery for more wackiness.
2. This great article on email etiquette might just save your job one day.
3. A dielectric is an insulating material. It does not conduct electricity. The “Die Electric” experiment by Scott Amron makes use of AC power plugs and sockets less the flow of electricity. Finally, the “keybrid” below.
4. Palladio, an interactive, playable movie based on the novel by Jonathan Dee, is created by Ben Neill (on mutantrumpet) and visual artist Bill Jones. In their performances together, both VJ and trumpeter control music and video as a single hybrid form; a live duet of images and sound.
5. Google Timeline creates a visualization based on information it finds around the dates.
Project M is an intensive summer program designed to inspire young graphic designers, writers, photographers and other creative people that their work can have a positive and significant impact on the world.
This looks good. We’ll try to watch it when it comes out in March.
“Objectified is a feature-length independent documentary about industrial design. It’s a look at the creativity at work behind everything from toothbrushes to tech gadgets. It’s about the people who re-examine, re-evaluate and re-invent our manufactured environment on a daily basis. It’s about personal expression, identity, consumerism, and sustainability. It’s about our relationship to mass-produced objects and, by extension, the people who design them.”
Bruce Mau on Charlie Rose, August 24. 2004 (00:00-31:30)
Bruce Mau on Charlie Rose, August 27. 2007 (18:00-33:30)