Instructor: Owen Mundy
Office: FAB 408
Office hours: By appointment
This course will cover the design and production of usable and searchable web pages including; the technical aspects of writing code; the end user experience of interacting in this environment; designing interfaces that convey information; and historical and cultural concerns surrounding the internet as a communication platform.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Think critically about the use of technology for interactive environments.
- Develop the necessary vocabulary to plan, execute and discuss web projects.
- Develop conceptual projects that take advantage of features of the web.
- layout and design websites with Photoshop.
- create usable and accessible websites using XHTML/CSS.
- Seriously consider usability and design and their relationship to each other.
- Pursue individual research by proposing and executing an ambitious final project.